This is your starting point to learn about the genetic disorders that Simons Searchlight studies. We regularly update these pages with new research and information for families.
Here’s an overview of the type of information you’ll find here:
- Frequently Asked Questions: Learn more about Simons Searchlight, research participation, and account registration.
- What We Study: Information about the genetic variants that we study.
- Genetics FAQ: Background information you need to understand your genetic lab reports. We review chromosomes, genes, copy number variants (CNVs), genetic variants in a person’s DNA code, and more.
- What Is Autism? Information about the features of autism spectrum disorder.
- Researcher Profiles: Interviews with researchers who have used Simons Searchlight data.
- Guardianship Resources: Information about guardianship and continuing research participation into adulthood.